In this article, we will find out how to download the Google Indic keyboard for windows 7 in a quick and simple step-by-step process.
Google Indic Keyboard is quite a handy tool if you want to type in different languages on your Mobile phone. With the power of Google, it becomes one of the best apps in the market for typing in various languages. But as the app is developed for android it cannot be directly installed on your PC.
In order to install it, we need to have an Android Emulator on our windows 7 PC. And it will enable us to use Google Indic Keyboard on PC.
Some of the basic requirements to install Google Indic Keyboard on Windows 7 PC are given below.
- A PC with Windows 7 Operating System.
- A working Internet Connection
- An Android Emulator likes Nox Player (recommended) or Bluestacks.
To download and install google Indic keyboard for Windows 7 PC follow these basic step by step process:-
- Go to the Nox player website and Download the latest version on your Windows 7 PC.
- Install the Nox player on your Windows 7 PC by following the given instruction step-by-step.
- After the installation is completed go to the search bar or open Google Play store.
- Search for Google Indic Keyboard and install it on your Android Emulator.
- Setup the Google Indic Keyboard by following the on-screen instructions.
How to setup Google Indic Keyboard on Windows 7 PC
After the installation of the Google Indic keyboard in Windows 7 PC, you need to set it up in order to use the Google Indic Keyboard as your default keyboard.
Follow these steps to set up Google Indic keyboard:-
- Open Setting in the Android Emulator
- Go to Language and input option under System
- Under Keyboard and Input methods go to the Default option
- Select the google Indic Keyboard from the pop-up options.
Google Indic Keyboard Features
After the installation is completed you can have a look at some of the features provided by google Indic Keyboard.
- You can use Google Indic Keyboard in any native language you prefer as it supports all the major languages.
- The Google Indic keyboard can be used to type a text message on social media like Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp, Compose Emails, For making notes all in your native language.
- Google Indic keyboard comes with the support of more than 13 Indian languages like English, Hindi, Gujarati, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu, etc.
- The Keyboard Support 4 different types of modes like Transliteration mode which provide text in your native language while typing in English.
- Native Keyboard through which you can directly type in your native language
- Handwriting mode which allows you to write your native language by drawing the character on your Phone screen.
- And one of the best features used in the Google Indic keyboard is a Hinglish mode in which you can use both English and Hinglish for typing.
Review of Google Indic Keyboard for Windows 7
Google Indic Keyboard could be of great use if you want to type in your native language on your PC. Loaded with the latest features and coming with the support by Google it will surely be a definite tool you want to use on your Windows 7 PC.
But due to some limitations, you can also find it a bit complicated to use as it needs an Emulator to run on your Windows 7 Pc.
If you want a better alternative of the Google Input tool than you can have a look at Google Input Tool which you can download and install on Windows 7 PC.
Alternative for Google Indic Keyboard
As you find out till now that the above process is a bit complicated in order to use on your Windows 7 PC due to the Prerequisite of having an Android Emulator.
If you are looking for a better alternative than you can use the Google Input tool on your Pc.
It is a better option as it has been developed especially for the Windows operating system and could be used on your Windows PC without any pre-build Application like Nox Player.
In order to download and Use the Google Input Tool on your Windows 7 Pc, you can have a look at our article o how to Install Google Input Tool on PC.
Google Indic Keyboard can be a very useful tool if you want to type in different Indian languages with different modes. Both Google Indic Keyboard for Windows 7 and Google Input tool for Windows 7 PC are developed in such a way that it provides most of the features required by the user.